Author Topic: Need Input on my Autocycle.  (Read 320 times)

Offline HolyCrapAnAutocycle

• Training Wheel
Need Input on my Autocycle.
« on: June 22, 2023, 11:24:19 AM »
Hello All!

I own a (I believe) 1939 Autocycle. It is in very bad shape and I need help:
1. Confirming it’s year
2. Should this go to someone who will try to restore it as much as they can?
3. Or should it be parted out?
4. What is a fair price?

Thank you so much in advance!!

Laura

Offline blue72beetle

• Skids and Wheelies
Re: Need Input on my Autocycle.
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2023, 05:26:03 PM »
I would definitely not part that out. I wouldn't even clean it. It's amazing what can be cleaned up with the proper knowledge and skill.

Not to drive traffic to another site, but you should go to The Cabe and post it up there. Lots of experts and ballooner fans there that can give you good advice and more than likely a buyer too. https://thecabe.com/forum/

Offline rickpaulos

• King of the Mountain
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2023, 05:39:03 PM »
I would definitely not part that out. I wouldn't even clean it. It's amazing what can be cleaned up with the proper knowledge and skill.

Not to drive traffic to another site, but you should go to The Cabe and post it up there. Lots of experts and ballooner fans there that can give you good advice and more than likely a buyer too. https://thecabe.com/forum/

ditto.

if it were mine, I'd sell it.  Too heavy to to be any fun to ride.  And it's a rather desired model.    it will be a bugger to ship.

rick
"We shows girls love on Valentine's Day, and they let us blow things up on the Fourth of July. I just pray they never fall on the same day."  HS.

A:jan B:feb C:mar D:apr E:may F:jun G:jul H:aug J:sep K:oct L:nov M:dec
A65 B66 C67 D68 E69 F70 G71 H72 J73 K74 L75 M76 N77 P78 Q79 R80 S81 T82 U83 V84

Offline JenniferC

• Administrator
  • Grand Champion
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2023, 01:21:16 PM »
Your bike is very collectable and highly sought after. I would sell it as whole bike and not part it out. Please be careful when dealing with buyers on any site that is mentioned they will try to squeeze every last penny's worth out of you like Mike Wolf from American Pickers and in moments turn around and sell it for double what they paid.

Offline HolyCrapAnAutocycle

• Training Wheel
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2023, 01:59:55 PM »
Your bike is very collectable and highly sought after. I would sell it as whole bike and not part it out. Please be careful when dealing with buyers on any site that is mentioned they will try to squeeze every last penny's worth out of you like Mike Wolf from American Pickers and in moments turn around and sell it for double what they paid.

Thank you so much Jennifer! I feel like I found someone that I feel is paying a fair price and plans to keep it in their collection without piecing it out. I feel like I’ve had a crash course in Autocycles, but most everyone has been pretty cool about helping me out😊 Thank you so much again!!

Offline Bikes42

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Champion
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2023, 09:20:28 PM »
Very cool bike! You just don't see those very often.

I would echo what others have said. I could not bring myself to part that out if it were mine. I would just hang it up for display just as it is.

Good luck with that sale and thanks for showing it to us here!

Tad
1959 Radiant Green Tiger, 1961 Radiant Blue Varsity, 1966 Violet Super Sport, 1967 Sky Blue Paramount P13, 1971 Burgundy Super Sport, 1972 Flamboyant Red Paramount Tandem, 1972 Opaque Green Super Sport, 1972 Kool Lemon Sports Tourer, 1973 Opaque Blue Continental, 1973 Opaque Blue Super Sport, 1986 Scarlet/Black Super Sport, 1987 Ice Pink Prelude, 1989 RWB Prelude, 1991/92 Serotta Colorado LT, 1993 Eddy Merckx Corsa Extra, 2008 Opaque Blue Madison, 2017 Eddy Merckx Sallanches 64