Author Topic: Completed Resto on a '76 Raleigh Gran Sport  (Read 2477 times)

Offline Boston Butcher

• Skids and Wheelies
Re: Completed Resto on a '76 Raleigh Gran Sport
« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2020, 07:11:24 PM »
Very nice rebuild! Attention to details really  makes it a standout!

Offline Eagle 71

• Skids and Wheelies
« Reply #16 on: August 13, 2020, 12:34:55 PM »

Thanks Jon.  IMO, the bike wasn't ridden that much, so it was a relatively easy rebuild.

Offline Boston Butcher

• Skids and Wheelies
« Reply #17 on: August 13, 2020, 05:10:21 PM »

Thanks Jon.  IMO, the bike wasn't ridden that much, so it was a relatively easy rebuild.
Take the compliment :) so many others would part it out for profit or ruin it :)...You and Oscar are both builders I have a high level of respect for..

Offline Eagle 71

• Skids and Wheelies
« Reply #18 on: August 13, 2020, 05:20:30 PM »

You and Oscar are both builders I have a high level of respect for..

Thanks Jon!  Appreciate your saying that...means a lot coming from a restorer like yourself.

Offline Boston Butcher

• Skids and Wheelies
« Reply #19 on: August 13, 2020, 05:34:13 PM »
I don't restore, never did. Hot rodder. Resto guys hate me :)

Offline Eagle 71

• Skids and Wheelies
« Reply #20 on: August 13, 2020, 05:52:03 PM »
Got it....my bad.
BTW, when it comes to restoring these things, being mentioned in the same sentence as Oscar is a HUGE compliment!!

Offline That 70s Schwinn

• Skids and Wheelies
« Reply #21 on: August 15, 2020, 12:35:07 PM »
Got it....my bad.
BTW, when it comes to restoring these things, being mentioned in the same sentence as Oscar is a HUGE compliment!!
After seeing the images of your latest restoration reveal, it is a compliment to me being mentioned in the same sentence with you Steve!... thank you both for the compliment! Now back to the Gran Sport, you certainly inspired me to start mine ahead of schedule although still a few projects in front of it. Amazing results Steve, looks like the bike on the catalog, the paint shines as new, the decals beautifully placed and the authentication of the brand speak volumes of your attention to detail and dedication to getting the bike back to it's original glory as displayed in the Raleigh Dealer sales floor back in 1976! Congratulations on a successful resto and glad you are back at 100%
Your bike looks just like the image below... Beautifully done Steve👍👍🚲
That 70's Schwinn Vintage Bike Channel
A collection early 70's Lightweights, Muscle Bikes and
restoration projects completed.

Offline Eagle 71

• Skids and Wheelies
« Reply #22 on: August 15, 2020, 03:49:44 PM »
After seeing the images of your latest restoration reveal, it is a compliment to me being mentioned in the same sentence with you Steve!... thank you both for the compliment! Now back to the Gran Sport, you certainly inspired me to start mine ahead of schedule although still a few projects in front of it. Amazing results Steve, looks like the bike on the catalog, the paint shines as new, the decals beautifully placed and the authentication of the brand speak volumes of your attention to detail and dedication to getting the bike back to it's original glory as displayed in the Raleigh Dealer sales floor back in 1976! Congratulations on a successful resto and glad you are back at 100%
Your bike looks just like the image below... Beautifully done Steve👍👍🚲

Thanks Oscar!  Your comments are always greatly appreciated.  :)
Just got back from my first ride on the GS.  Actually my first bike ride since the surgery seven weeks ago yesterday (time flies when you're doing time!).  Seriously, thanks for the well-wishes...no pain and most important - cancer-free!  Anyway, the bike rode like a dream and shifted/stopped great.  Like I posted earlier, my new 'daily rider'.  Now, I just need to get back in shape... :P

Steve