Author Topic: 1975 Raleigh Gran Sport Lagoon Blue  (Read 2680 times)

Offline rickpaulos

• King of the Mountain
Re: 1975 Raleigh Gran Sport Lagoon Blue
« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2020, 08:51:42 AM »
This is one of my art pieces.  A local annual show. You pay $20, they provide a 2x2' square of 3/4" plywood. Each year has a different theme.  I named my entry "Cateye".  You can see the same reflectors.  All the entries are displayed in public for the rest of the summer.

"We shows girls love on Valentine's Day, and they let us blow things up on the Fourth of July. I just pray they never fall on the same day."  HS.

A:jan B:feb C:mar D:apr E:may F:jun G:jul H:aug J:sep K:oct L:nov M:dec
A65 B66 C67 D68 E69 F70 G71 H72 J73 K74 L75 M76 N77 P78 Q79 R80 S81 T82 U83 V84

Offline That 70s Schwinn

• Skids and Wheelies
« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2020, 06:32:56 PM »
This is one of my art pieces.  A local annual show. You pay $20, they provide a 2x2' square of 3/4" plywood. Each year has a different theme.  I named my entry "Cateye".  You can see the same reflectors.  All the entries are displayed in public for the rest of the summer.

Nice Cat Eye silhouette ...😺👌
That 70's Schwinn Vintage Bike Channel
A collection early 70's Lightweights, Muscle Bikes and
restoration projects completed.

Offline Eagle 71

• Skids and Wheelies
« Reply #17 on: July 15, 2020, 04:16:31 PM »
Agree Oscar, and well done to you Rick for creating that Cat Eye.  Very cool!
Break, break:
Finally got hold of the seller of the mid-70s Gran Sport that I linked here earlier on Craigslist.  Will travel an hour's drive north of Omaha this Friday to (hopefully) pick her up!
Steve

Offline That 70s Schwinn

• Skids and Wheelies
« Reply #18 on: July 16, 2020, 06:50:50 PM »
Hope you get it, drive safe and keep us posted! Looks like you're near where I grew up...KC
Oscar

Offline Eagle 71

• Skids and Wheelies
« Reply #19 on: July 17, 2020, 04:18:34 PM »
Hope you get it, drive safe and keep us posted! Looks like you're near where I grew up...KC
Oscar
Will do Oscar.  I picked up the bike around noon today.  I'll post a separate write-up and photos under a new topic later today...I stole your thread too much already!
Break - break:
My son went to grad school in KC...he lives in Wichita now, but went to a lot of Royals games with him at the 'K' when he had some time off.
Steve

Offline That 70s Schwinn

• Skids and Wheelies
« Reply #20 on: July 17, 2020, 07:58:01 PM »
Oscar
Will do Oscar.  I picked up the bike around noon today.  I'll post a separate write-up and photos under a new topic later today...I stole your thread too much already!
Break - break:
My son went to grad school in KC...he lives in Wichita now, but went to a lot of Royals games with him at the 'K' when he had some time off.
Steve
Cool! The K , I had many expensive cold ones there, in the mid 70's my dad took my brother and I to many games to watch George Brett hit the ball all over the park. Your bike looks very nice, looks like we have the same taste in bikes.